Blog Credits: Blog Header Template by Mrs Wresh, Paper and Elements are from the Shabby Princess Promise Collection.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

BYU Women's Conference

Off to BYU Women's Conference I went. My wonderful husband held down the fort as I went to learn to be a better wife, mother, and inspired woman. My conference started out great I got to listen to the wonderful Sheri Dew, she told me to Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ. I Listened to a Family Home Evening Session, the point... Just Do It! I had an incredible lesson on Having a Better Marriage the two main points... 1. Say What He (Jesus) Would Say, and 2. Do What He (The Lord) Wants Done. And I can't forget the Three Enemy's to Equal Partnership 1. Self - Doubt 2. Self - Indulgence 3. Self - Absorption hmmm, very thought provoking. My favorite of all was of course the last session where I heard from the Prophet, President Monson. I never got to see President Hinckley in person. In fact this was the first Prophet I have been in the same room with. Of course I was in the same room with 20,000 + women and the Prophet , but it was still very special and I will always remember it. Some of his inspiring points 1. Find Joy in the Journey 2. Good timber does not grow with ease but with wind and sorrow growes strength 3. When you get to the end of the road tie a knot and hang on. I will never forget how I felt when he entered the building and how I felt when he exited the building. From the BYU Bookstore I bought lots of chocolate covered Cinnamon Bears (they make the best) and, I bought some great carry it all bags $4.00 per bag. What a Deal! My husband did a great job with the kids and the house looked pretty good by the time I got home. Way to go Alan! Thanks to Christine Neider for helping my husband and my Brooklyn while I was away!

2 comments:

Christine said...

You're so sweet. I really didn't do much! Can you believe the feeling you feel when the prophet enters the room. It's amazing! I felt it with Pres. Hinkley and it's absolutely the most amazing thing ever. Glad you had a wonderful trip.I talked to your husband at church and I think he has a greater appreciation for you! That's always nice!

Emily said...

It sounds like you had an amazing time and heard some really powerful, uplifting things. Thanks for sharing a few!