Blog Credits: Blog Header Template by Mrs Wresh, Paper and Elements are from the Shabby Princess Promise Collection.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Florida? or Mexico? or Both (ha, ha)?

In June we got a great deal to take the family on an Mexican Rivera Cruise. We would fly out of Salt Lake into Long Beach on March 1st Cruise through the Mexican Rivera until March 8th (the kids only miss 2 days of school). The Cruise line is on the Carnival Pride. This ship was rated #1 for the kids club. My kids have never been on a cruise. What fun! But then....

My friend from college invited us to a week in Orlando, Florida at her parents Condo. A whole week at Disney World. All we have to pay is air fare & tickets into Disney World of course. The dates are January 3rd through the 10th (The kids will miss five days of school). The problem with this is air fare to Florida is expensive, although the condo does not cost us anything the air fare does and the food for the week (but the condo has a kitchen bonus and we would have to eat regardless Idaho Falls/Florida, right!) My kids have been to Disneyland but not to Disney World!

Both trips cost the same. What would you do? I am begging my husband to do both, but the problem is we just can't win the lottery (although I think you have to play to win, Bummer!)

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man, I don't envy your decision. They both sound awesome. Good Luck, maybe you can come across a money tree in your back yard. he he

Skylette said...

Oh man, I would say do both, but since we aren't millionaires in the Meadows, I would do Mexico! I think your kids would love to say, "We were in Mexico catching this amazing tan!" But, then again, they ARE kids, and what kid doesn't love Disney World???

Christine said...

I wish I could do either. We took the girls to Disney World 2 years ago and it was the most magical trip ever. I've never been on a cruise and would love to do that too. I do love Mexico! I'm not much help. Whatever you decide, you will have a great time.

Unknown said...

I dunno.............. you're not getting much from any of us! I would probably do the cruise at the good deal and hope your nice friend will invite you or help you plan for the Florida thing another time (if she has a timeshare and could make it available at a later time?) but if the Florida is a now or never w/the friend, I would do that, the cruise deals come and go and are always available........ BOTH would definitely be the answer- you'd better pick up some extra hours @ the Apple. :)jk

Can't wait for you to post your decision!

Unknown said...

Tami- this is Heather Bluth- I'm @ my Grandma's house and didn't realize I was logged in under her name!!!! So that previous post is from me!!